I would really love to be organized some day...to have a place for everything and know where everything is in my house. Upstairs, I am doing okay, but our basement is a disaster. We haven't ever put it back together since the flood. (please see following pictures)
Well, I am really sick of our messy basement, but it is a little overwhelming to know where to begin. But I decided that I needed to start somewhere. I decided to start with the food storage. Now, I know this is probably a little nerdy, but I decided to alphabatise it. It is now organized and I can easily see what we have and what we need more of. Hopefully this will help me in getting a better supply of food, as the prophets have counciled.
Next, I think I am going to organize the other half of that storage room, which has a pallette of wheat, probably from 1970 something, a couple of filing cabinets, and about 15 paint cans. Oh well, one thing at a time I guess.
2 comments:
The food storage area actually looks very organized to me. I find I am very organized when I have a lot of shelfs. My suggestion: go buy shelves and big bins and just start organizing. I also am a huge throw awayer (is that a word?) I think my friends that have unorganized homes are a bit pack ratish (is that a word?) So try to throw away things you haven't used in the last 6 months. Hey and you just got married and moved a whole new person in with you. That has to be hard to get organized from.
Can you come to my house next?
Post a Comment