Sunday, January 4, 2009

Locked out

Last night, Daniel and I decided to go get a movie. When we got backed, we were walking up to our back door when I realized that I left our house keys in the car. The garage had already shut, so Daniel tried to use the keypad to open it again. Well, the cover on the keypad was frozen shut and the whole pad ended up coming off the wall and the electronic parts inside came out. So there we were, stuck outside in the freezing cold, only wearing sweatshirts and no key to get in the house. Luckily, I had my cell phone, so I called my mom to ask her to bring a key. Meanwhile, Daniel wanted me to go down to the neighbors to wait (he didn't want his pregnant wife to stand out in the cold), but then I realized that I had turned the dryer on before we left so we would have warm sheet when we got home. The dryer vent turned out to make a nice little heater and it wasn't too cold waiting for my mom. Sadly, this isn't the first time I was locked out of my house, but at least this time I had company and it makes for a fun story. :)


This is a picture from Daniel's phone that we took while we waited.
Thanks mom for coming to our rescue!!!

No comments: