Monday, September 14, 2009

A long overdue update


A lot has been going on with us. Daniel has started a new job, August we went to California and then I went to Germany, and Lucy is changing everyday.

So, lets start way back in August. My whole family went to California and stayed in a condo for a week. It was a lot of fun and we were able to so much. Unfortunately for Daniel, he broke his arm five minutes after arriving at the beach our first day in Cali. I thought he was joking when he first came up out of the water and said that his wrist was broken, but after several hours at the ER they confirmed that it was broken and splinted him up. He wasn't able to play in the water after that, but he did get to go to Conan with my brother's and Laura, which he enjoyed.

Daniel and I went to the Mission Viejo one day and were able to look around. It was really pretty and nice to walk around.




We were also able to go to Disneyland. It was fun to be with the kids, but I'm not sure how much they enjoyed it. Lucy slept through the fireworks.



This is Lucy with her souvenier from Disneyland, Eeyore. Don't they both look so sad!


After we got back from California, I was only home a few days before I had to leave for Germany. I had to go for work, and I was very sad to leave my little Lucy and my poor husband that had a broken arm, and had just had surgery. Thanks to skype we were able to chat a lot, which helped make it easier to be away. I was glad to get back though.

I was able to see some of the sight while I was there. I was in Frankfurt (looking at the temple. My firm does some work for the LDS church) and Stuttgart. Most of the time that I was in Stuttgart, I was be myself and I had the chance to pretty much walk around all of the main city sight. It was a nice day and fun to be a tourist all on my own.

Darmstadt

This is our group after lunch in Darmstadt

This is the piano from Pres Uchtdorf's talk "Lift where you stand"


Cute little plaza in Stuttgart




Since I have been home, we have been out to Vernal to visit Shelley and the kids. We went fishing and Daniel caught the biggest fish of the day! We also went to church and just hung out, which was fun. Also, Daniel has started his new job, but I will post about that later.



Daniel and I also celebrated our 2nd anniversary. He sent me flowers to my work, and they were gorgeous!! He really knows where to get good flowers and I loved having them at my desk! Thank you honey for the flowers and putting up with my insanety and loving me so much!



Lucy is moving so fast, we really have to watch her now. She is full of smiles and laughter and has recenlty started pulling herself up (she has only done it a few times). She is still army crawling and is slowing getting up on her knees. I can't believe that she will be 7 months old this week, time is moving too fast! She seems to change everyday. We have so much fun with her and love her so much. In a way, I think that going to Germany and having to work makes me want to spend more time with her and I find myself spending more down time just playing with her.








We also recently got to go to the first Utah home game of the season. It was against Utah State, but Lucy doesn't have any blue outfits so I had to dress her in red. Lucy did pretty good, but Daniel says she is not allowed to come to anymore.



Now I am getting really excited for fall, especially with all the rain we got over the weekend. I think that I have figured out what Lucy will be and I am so excited! I love fall!

1 comment:

The Johnson Family said...

You guys have been busy what fun! Sounds like you three are doing well.